Board of Education
The responsibilities of the Board of Education are to:
- Determine an educational philosophy and priorities for the district and set goals and objectives accordingly.
- Select and employ a Superintendent as chief administrative officer of the school.
- Employ personnel upon nomination and recommendation of the Superintendent.
- Fix the compensation of all school personnel.
- Require and evaluate the reports of the Superintendent concerning the progress and the financial condition of the district.
- Select architects, purchase sites, initiate and approve building plans and specifications for new building and alterations or additions to present buildings.
- Consider and adopt an annual district budget prepared by the Superintendent and Business Manager.
- Contract for service and materials considered necessary and appropriate for the district.
- Adopt policies, plans and procedures to guide its officers and employees.
- Assist in presenting to the public the needs and progress of the school district.
- Provide for an annual audit for all school funds.
- Review the quality of instruction as required by law through the process of an adopted evaluation procedure of certified employees.
- Perform the specific duties imposed upon the Board by Kansas Statutes.
- Advise and counsel the Superintendent on his recommendations concerning the schools.