Held during the third full week of October each year, National School Bus Safety Week is an active and evolving public education program and an excellent way for parents, students, teachers, motorists, school bus operators, school administrators, and other interested parties - to join forces and address the importance of school bus safety. Designed to promote school bus safety, school districts throughout the country observe School Bus Safety Week.
2019 National School Bus Safety Week: October 21-25, 2019 and the theme is "My School Bus, The Safest Form of Student Transportation!" The theme of National School Bus Safety Week is derived from the Poster Contest the year before. The 2018 winning poster, depicted above, was drawn by Shivangi Ojha, an 8th Grader at Belton ISD in Temple, TX.
Congratulation for a job well done "Everyday" to our own USD 214 School Bus Drivers!! If you see one of our Bus Drivers around let them know how much they are appreciated!!
Looking for school bus safety tips all year round? Click here for some great tips from NAPT.
Several products are now on the market that make it easy for kids to disguise and hide e-cigarettes as everyday objects such as pens, smartwatches and more. NBC’s Vicky Nguyen puts parents and teachers to the test to see if they can find the hidden vaping devices.
Take A Look-->Click Here
Built for convenient access to real-time student information like grades, assignments, and attendance, the PowerSchool Mobile App provides enhanced functionality for parents, guardians, and students.
• Get easy access to the most important student data with an updated user interface, dashboard, and improved app structure
• Use new dashboard widgets for quick access to important information including: GPA, Class Overview, Assignments Due, Assignments Graded, Attendance, School Bulletins, Meal Balance, and Fees
• Customize the dashboard by reordering or hiding widgets to prioritize the information that is most important to you
• Access class information and grades across terms and drill-down to detailed views of class assignments, attendance, and standards
• View class assignments for the week or month in a new calendar view, and drill-down to assignment details
• Manage push and email notifications, student profiles, access school information, and more
PowerSchool is the leading K-12 education technology provider of solutions that improve the education experience for 100 million students, teachers, and parents in over 70 countries around the world.
To access the PowerSchool Mobile App, your school district must be using the PowerSchool Student Information System. If you are not sure what SIS your school is using, contact your school or district.
• Requires iOS version 10.0 or higher
• Access to PowerSchool is controlled by school administration
• Requires a wireless connection or mobile data plan
• Users must consent to receive push notifications when connecting to servers outside of the United States
• Meal Balance totals are only available if your school uses the PowerLunch meal management feature in the PowerSchool SIS
The Technology Department has been working on updating the District's website and giving it a much-needed facelift. The updated website will have a new URL of www.usd214.org.
With this new update, the District's emails will also be changed from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any and all contacts that use the old email address will need to be notified of the change. The old email address will still work and will be forwarded to the new email address, so please update your contact lists.
Please send us pictures and/or information that you would like on the website and we will do our best to get it up as soon as possible.
Stop by and take a look when it is live! Comment below to let us know what you think.